Unable to buy AT&T no-contract (full price) on Apple Store site?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entlassen, Sep 12, 2014.

1. entlassen macrumors member

On the AT&T site's upgrade page, I am able to select the option to pay full-price for a no-contract 6+.
    However, on the Apple Store's site, all I see are two options: Their Next program or a 2-yr subsidized contract.

Is anybody able to get the Apple Store to show them a full-price no-contract AT&T phone?

(P.S. The reason I would want to order on the Apple Store is because the AT&T site is saying 14-21 days delivery for the 6+).

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

If you want to use Apple, just use the NEXT program to buy it. When it comes in, go into the AT&T store and pay it off.

3. entlassen thread starter macrumors member

I'd prefer not to have to jump through hoops. I've also read some horror stories of people who chose the NEXT program, screwed up one little step somewhere, and lost their grandfathered unlimited data plan. I don't want to risk it.

Is the Apple site simply not selling full-priced AT&T phones?

4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I don't think Apple sells non-contract AT&T and Verizon phones. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I haven't seen anybody get one off-contract from Apple report in yet.

5. entlassen thread starter macrumors member

If I buy full-price no-contract from the AT&T site, will the phone come with a sim card and an easy way to replace my current phone on the same line?

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes, it will come with the sim card, but you can put your existing sim card in there, provided that it is a nano sim card.

7. entlassen thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Do you know if AT&T will allow me to unlock the phone the day I get it, since I bought it fully-paid? I'm just asking because even though the T-mobile no-contract phone seems to come unlocked, I don't know if AT&T's no-contract also come unlocked as well.

8. Dreday24 macrumors regular

i wasnt able to purchase at full price either, so i just purchased the tmobile one. if its not unlocked i will just return it.

9. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Purchased Full price - no contract - ATT at 3:25am ET
    Gray iPhone 6+ 64G.

Got conformation email at 5:56am.

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I would assume they would. AT&T would direct you to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

So you can definitely give it a try and if it doesn't work just call AT&T or go to the retail store, that's what I did, make sure you take your receipt with you, as you will need it. AT&T will investigate and will likely approve it.