UNABLE to cancel AT&T preorder (so I can order through Apple.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple.snapple, Sep 12, 2014.

1. apple.snapple macrumors regular

Anyone in this situation??

Overnight, I did the refresh thing along with all of you guys/gals. The first thing that came up for me was AT&T.com. I chose AT&T next upgrade and that was that. This morning, they are telling me that I'm going to have to wait until November. Ugh.

All of a sudden, my apple.com email comes in saying "complete your order now and ship by 9/19!" Of course, I was delighted, went straight to AT&T.com, cancelled my preorder, and went to apple.com. But, according to apple.com, I do not have any Next/2 year upgrades to spend... because AT&T's system still has my preorder! Sure enough, I pull up the order page and my preorder is still there, although with a grey button instead of a orange button. After speaking with AT&T, "it takes 24 hours for preorder cancellations to go through the system". Why does it take that long??

I have 24 hours to figure this out before Apple.com gives out my reservation slot. So the clock is ticking, AT&T...:confused:

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

3. apple.snapple thread starter macrumors regular

No

4. NativeTxn macrumors regular

5. kungxpao macrumors 6502

kungxpao

Same here. I actually went through live chat to cancel my pre-order. The rep said that it would take about 30 minutes before I get my upgrade ability back.

That was 3 hours ago.

6. NativeTxn macrumors regular

Then for anyone that hasn't cancelled, I would recommend calling them. You may have to be on hold for a while and they may say they can't do it within 24 hours, but they can. And when she told me the cancellation was complete and the upgrade had been reestablished in my account, I was able to get through the upgrade eligibility verification on apple.com while she was still on the phone.

She originally said that she didn't know how long it would take for the upgrade to be back in the account, but then it was pretty much immediate.

7. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

not atnt but i cancelled through verizon and ordered through apple no issues

8. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

I called AT&T this morning and got my order canceled. When I called back and went through the automated service, it says my order has been canceled.

9. apple.snapple thread starter macrumors regular

Great news. Calling actually worked. After about 20 minutes on hold, the rep got it done in 5 minutes. No elevation required!

iPhone 6+ ordered on Apple.com to be delivered 9/19!! Hoooooray!:cool::cool:

10. bobright macrumors 601

Same here but what worries me is that there is still a 1 dollar pending charge from AT&T. This is normal right and should release soon? Also doubt they can charge me again for the phone since I used the eligibility via apple with my new order right?

I'm just trying to cover all bases here you never know with freakin AT&T.

11. apple.snapple thread starter macrumors regular

Mine is still on there too.... I'll look again Monday and report the status

12. bobright macrumors 601

Just got off the phone with AT&T again via calling 611 and they said that it shows pending because it's my order from apple that is processing. It still seems weird because it was pending before I even cancelled and made an order on apple but whatever. The rep said there's also no way to buy 2 phones using same lines eligibility. Since my apple order has went through I'm not going to worry about it too much, it should eventually get cancelled. If you find out anything though let me know how it goes. I still won't be fully at ease until that AT&T pending charge disappears. :mad:

13. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I was able to cancel my premier order online. Butt I did have to call AT&T after a few hours of not receiving the cancelation order confirmation email. Rep said it was indeed canceled and I finally did receive the email.

14. bobright macrumors 601

No more pending $1 charge from AT&T on my bank account anymore, it's cancelled.

15. apple.snapple thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, just got an email from AT&T saying:

Sure enough, the status page just went from pre order cancelled to Preorder Processing
    Expected Ship Date: 10/31/2014 To 11/11/2014 .

This is a full day after AT&T confirmed my preorder was cancelled and I ordered on apple.com for 9/19 with my upgrade.

Best case, I end up with two iPhones on launch day using one upgrade.
    Worst case, Apple.com cancels my preorder for 9/19 because the deal with AT&T is back on...

Looks like I'm off to 611 land.

UGH. Never again, AT&T.

16. apple.snapple thread starter macrumors regular

quick update:

45.00 charge from AT&T
    45.00 charge from Apple.com.

Did I just use one upgrade to get two phones?
    I think it might be better to just sit on this until I get my order on 9/19, then follow up with AT&T. I don't want anything messing with my 9/19 order.

17. subhanrukh macrumors newbie

Welcome to my life... I just got an email saying:

The recent request to cancel preorder 101xxxxxxxxxx for Apple iPhone 6 Plus (64GB Gold) was unsuccessful.

----------

Let me know what happens. I'm on the chat right now.

18. apple.snapple thread starter macrumors regular

yeah you do the same. if it's happened with us, you know it's happened with thousands of people.

19. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

at this point any cancels will just result in long waits either way. If i was to cancel at this point i would do as i did last year. Go to one of the apple tracker sites for stock and then check daily at 2:30-3:00pm EST and 5:45-6:30pm EST..This is when apple updates there inventory on the website. If you do this daily after launch you will have a phone within a week or two most likely.

The times i gave you above are important, many people know this so everyone goes to the tracker sites at those times to check inventory then immediately order for instore pickup.

20. kungxpao macrumors 6502

kungxpao

You gotta call guys. Yesterday morning I did it over chat and the rep said it would be done in an hour but it never happened. I called later that afternoon, and the rep I spoke to did it on the spot. I got my upgrade back within 2 after the call.

21. infam0uz macrumors regular

infam0uz

Ok, where in the world is there an option to cancel an preorder so i can try ordering it from apple with my upgrade eligibility.

I couldn't find anythinng on att website to cancel it? Provide some steps!

22. nolegirl macrumors regular

I'm having the exact same issue right now. The issue is, the iPhone 6 orders are being handled by AT&T Premier, who happens to be closed today, according to the rep I just spoke with. Why the regular reps can't tell me anything about something I canceled, but is suddenly processing again is beyond me.