Unable to capture screenshots, OS 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ntrigue, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I attempted to capture a screenshot to remind myself of a website tip. It returned me to the lockscreen. Is screenshot broken in OS 3.1?

2. jsook724 macrumors regular

No. Try it again

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Pressing both the sleep and home button at the same time is not working for you? I'd try a restore.

4. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

try pushing and holding power and then tapping the home button...make sure to push the home button before you get the slider to power it off.

5. ntrigue thread starter macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Thanks guys! Previously, I was able to press both simultaneously. I use screenshots as reminders and trust me. This has changed in 3.1. You have to do a much more definitive Power press before touching Home.

6. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

ya, i dunno...i remember it being pushing them both down at once....not holding one down and tapping the other.

7. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

on 3.1, I'm able to hold Home first and then tap the Power button for a successful screenshot...

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Same here. Nothing's changed. Press home and then sleep. Or sleep and then home. Either works.

9. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

ya. me too. I used to push the at the same time. I liked that better than holding the sleep button THEN pressing the home button

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Strange, I can still do it simultaneously and have it take a successful screenshot. This is with 3.1 on a 3G. The funny thing is that it won't take a SS if I press sleep then home. Got me.