unable to choose phone number "label"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by luckydcxx, Jan 16, 2014.

1. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

I found this very strange. A friend of mine is trying to label a phone number in his contact as "iPhone" and it is not available to choose. He has a bunch of different labels as an options that I don't.

I have attached a screen shot of his phone and mine. Why are they different? Both are running iOS 7.0.4.

Attached Files:

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

3. luckydcxx thread starter macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

yeah i can do that but how come iPhone isn't an option. I was reading on the apple support forum that it might have to do with syncing and exchange email.

4. C DM, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014

C DM macrumors Westmere

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Yeah, sounds quite likely. If you have other labels on whatever you're syncing with, I can easily imagine these are synced over and possibly replace some of the defaults.

6. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

I just noticed this when adding a contact on my iPhone. Not sure why it happened. I just deleted the contact it was happening on, went into groups, turned off everything but contracts (Facebook, Gmail, Outlook) and tried again. Worked as per usual (your screenshot) after that.

My guess is it tried to add it as like a gmail contact or something and screwed up apple's labels.

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Does he use iCloud for his contacts? If he uses gmail or another CardDav account, it may look different

8. luckydcxx thread starter macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Yes he has 2 email accounts. One is gmail and one is an exchange account I think. Thanks for the help!