Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
I do subscribe to iTunes Match and no matter what I do I cannot clear these greyed out tracks from my iPhone. I have turned iTunes Match off so I could delete them which I do but then when I connect my iPhone the greyed out tracks appear again. The tracks show as a stream and there is no size to them. I did download them to my iPhone via iTunes Match but obviously when I turn iTunes Match off and deleted them but they reappear. Short of restoring my iPhone I don't know what else to do.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-12 at 7.16.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-12 at 7.16.53 PM.png
    314.3 KB · Views: 636
  • Screen Shot 2012-01-12 at 7.16.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-12 at 7.16.40 PM.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 921

CygnusTC

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
Are you sure!

I do subscribe to iTunes Match and no matter what I do I cannot clear these greyed out tracks from my iPhone. I have turned iTunes Match off so I could delete them which I do but then when I connect my iPhone the greyed out tracks appear again. The tracks show as a stream and there is no size to them. I did download them to my iPhone via iTunes Match but obviously when I turn iTunes Match off and deleted them but they reappear. Short of restoring my iPhone I don't know what else to do.

Any ideas?

Are you sure you are deleting from your main iTunes library and selecting the delete from icloud option?

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
Are you sure you are deleting from your main iTunes library and selecting the delete from icloud option?

Yes, I deleted from the main iTunes library and deleted from the iCloud.

I guess when my iTunes Match expires later this year it will remove this.

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
UPDATE - I am still having this problem which I hoped would go away this past Nov 17th when my iTunes Match expired. The issue still persists.

westnile

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2015

Any ideas?
Not gonna lie, I just made an account on this site to reply! I've had this problem for months, and it kept ticking me off, and I kept giving up. Tonight, I just happened to give it another go, and finally found it!!! What I had to do was go to my device, go under summary, then click "manually manage music and videos." I really hope this is your cure as well, because I share(d) the struggle!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.