Unable to close YouTube app

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ipooed, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

i am running 8.3 not sure if newer versions are having this issue, or anybody else on any version. Updated the YouTube app, re installed problem is still there.

2. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Never had that on 8.3, still don't have that on 8.4.1.

3. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I'm running 8.3 and I've opened and closed it many times without fail. That's a strange one.
    Using iPhone 6.

4. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

I've had this happen at random times, usually when clicking on a link that redirects to the YouTube app. All you can do is go back to the homesceeen and then close it.

5. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Hmm how do you got that youtube new UI? o_O

6. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502

ipooed

Just updated to the current version, it's weird some people don't have it. My wife has a 6 also and her Facebook UI is different from mine...

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Apparently that's too difficult for the OP. He rather sit there for over a minute and smash his head against a brick wall.

8. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502

ipooed

I was doing it to get it on video.

9. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

It's still a bug that needs to be fixed. It's not just that the app switcher gets borked, but the youtube app itself becomes slow and unresponsive.

10. cynics macrumors G3

Isn't that what he's trying to do? What are you talking about?

11. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

It's most likely a YouTube app issue than it is an iOS issue. You even posted you've seen this before, and it was also the YouTube app.

If it was a iOS bug (being on outdated software (8.3) doesn't help) you would see this happen with all sorts of other apps. Apple's own apps and other 3rd party apps.

12. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

That is an odd behaviour. I haven't seen that before.
    I don't have this issue with the latest version (10.31.11670, 20th of August '15 last updated) of the YouTube app running on iOS8.4 on iPhone 5s and iPad mini retina (2).

Have you tried to leave the latest app version installed and just do a soft reset (long press power+ home button)?

13. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

14. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

It could be issue related to new Youtube UI which OP has.

15. cynics macrumors G3

Definitely an iOS issue. While it may be directly related to the YouTube app and the way its coded or something it shouldn't be able to influence core functions of iOS in such a manor. Meaning that you shouldn't be able to make an app do that even if you wanted too.

If I had an issue like that I would reset the phone (home + lock button until Apple logo) and more then likely it would never happen again. On rare occasions I get those weird bugs.

16. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

If it was an iOS issue, I think more people would see it. Even though I just updated to the latest YouTube version, I never had that prob on the previous one.

17. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

The thing is, OP has got quite a few posts recently on problems and errors within iOS (1 on a previously owned 6+ before he changed over to a 6) and overtime states he is using iOS 8.3. If i was getting all of these problems I would update iOS in an attempt to get rid of them, however he hasn't. This leads me to speculate as to whether he has jailbroken his device and does not want to break the jailbreak with an update. If this is the case, then maybe there is something else going on in the background that he hasn't mentioned. Either this, or he is one unlucky iOS user that seems to be a bug magnet...

18. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

I experienced something similar to this, but it was not YouTube. The app (I think I was using a news app) wouldn't close in multitask mode, and I got a screen with just the home screen wallpaper if I tried to close it. I didn't think much of it, and some time later I was able to close it.