Unable to complete activating non-developer iPhone 5

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
I was under the impression that we can try out iOS7 without being a developers, so I'm surprised to see the following message appearing.

We're unable to complete your activ...

This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Develop Program <br/><br.>if you are a member of the Program, please register you device in the @@url@@.

Anyone knows how I can overcome this issue?

Thanks.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
If you attempted to download the beta 7.0 please confirm it is the correct beta for your iDevice and secondly remember to "update" and not restore with iTunes (on a MAC press and hold the 'option' key while clicking update).

The13thDoctor

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
@TheRoyalDoctor
I was under the impression that we can try out iOS7 without being a developers, so I'm surprised to see the following message appearing.

We're unable to complete your activ...

This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Develop Program <br/><br.>if you are a member of the Program, please register you device in the @@url@@.

Anyone knows how I can overcome this issue?

Thanks.
First do a fresh install of your iOS 6 firmware, then set up as a new device. Then Option/Shift click the update button and locate and install your iOS 7 firmware.

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
You mean that had I clicked Update while pressing the option key (instead of Refresh while pressing the option key), then I would not have gotten this message?