Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKandEE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Everywhere you want to be!
I went to the Apple Store and began the Mavericks download, but when it was time to install it stated it could not install on my Hard Drive when I clicked on my hard drive it stated "used for time machine backups" which it isn't.

I have no clue as to why I can't complete the install and was hoping that maybe someone might be able to assist. I apologize in advance I don't have any further information.

On a side note I had no trouble upgrading to Mountain Lion and I have about 395.76 GB of space available and 8 GB of Ram.

Please tell me what you might need from me to help me trouble shoot this problem.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

drew627

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
I went to the Apple Store and began the Mavericks download, but when it was time to install it stated it could not install on my Hard Drive when I clicked on my hard drive it stated "used for time machine backups" which it isn't.

I have no clue as to why I can't complete the install and was hoping that maybe someone might be able to assist. I apologize in advance I don't have any further information.

On a side note I had no trouble upgrading to Mountain Lion and I have about 395.76 GB of space available and 8 GB of Ram.

Please tell me what you might need from me to help me trouble shoot this problem.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Can't you just talk to one of the Apple employees in that store and ask them for help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.