Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curt-h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I am attempting to connect my 13" Macbook to my HP 32" LCD TV (LC3200N). Using bootcamp and a windows startup the TV works fine as a second display, however using Mac OS X the TV display is blank.

For some reason Mac OS X assigns the name 'SHARP LCD' to my TV display (which is not correct). Is there any way to manually change the display model? (it seems to be automatically incorrectly assigned)

I had the HP TV working with Mac OS X 20 minutes ago, I had installed all the most recent software updates for my computer and upon restart it worked properly.. the name given to the display was simply "DISPLAY". However, I restarted the computer another time and it once again has assigned the name "SHARP LCD" to the second display and now it's display is blank.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Yes it seems as though OS X is having problems with getting the right display info. Quite a shame. It detects my LG 22" display at a 59.9 hertz refresh rate when it should be 60 so it flickers for a second every couple of minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.