Unable to connect to 3G network after a shutdown

Discussion in 'iPad' started by greythorne, Oct 15, 2011.

1. greythorne macrumors regular

Hello,

As per the title,

I normally shutdown my iPad2 when going off to work and turn it on when i need to use, however i noticed that when i turn it on after a shutdown iPad2 will not connect to 3G cellular network at all and upon launching Safari, it will say Safari is not connected to the internet. A reset as suggested by the telco would normally resolve but not solve the issue.

This issue always happens after i turn it on from a shutdown. WiFi is not affected in any way.

Anyone has solutions to the issue I'm facing?

P.S I'm not entirely sure if it's a micro sim card problem or an issue with the iPad.

Thank you.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

So, how do you fix it...?

Also, why would you shut it down?

3. greythorne thread starter macrumors regular

not fixed yet.. just waiting for some response...

Shutdown to conserve battery power? If after shutdown unable to connect clearly a iPad issue?

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

So you have no 3G at all now?

Also, the iPad can standby for DAYS... there's no reason to shut it down. It's not a laptop.

5. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I shut down my iPad every night while I'm charging it. It gets heavy use daily, I've no need for it while I'm sleeping, and see no reason not to power down. No issues with my AT&T 3G connection when it's powered up.

Have you tried removing the Sim, and reinstalling it? Or asking your carrier to give you a new Sim to try? Do you put it in airplane mode before shutting down?

Have to ask which iOS you're on since I've read about 3G issues with iOS5.