Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Browno01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Anybody else stuck with this?

7 Plus installed using profile

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Same here, any resolution? I was thinking it was just the servers getting hammered across the board, but it's still persisting..

colinwil

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
Reading, UK
Same here, any resolution? I was thinking it was just the servers getting hammered across the board, but it's still persisting..
It failed to connect for me for ages, then suddenly started working. I logged out & back in to my iTunes account (which is different than my iCloud one) - it's possible that made the difference?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
It failed to connect for me for ages, then suddenly started working. I logged out & back in to my iTunes account (which is different than my iCloud one) - it's possible that made the difference?

I can't even login to my account on my phone.. I know it's the right section of settings and passwords. Not sure what the issue is - I can connect on my Mac.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I logged out on my phone and cannot get back in. Seems ok on the MAC, no access on the iPad or iPhone. I cannot get to Music or App Store. I do use a different login for App Store than I use for iCloud.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I logged out on my phone and cannot get back in. Seems ok on the MAC, no access on the iPad or iPhone. I cannot get to Music or App Store. I do use a different login for App Store than I use for iCloud.

This is ridiculous! I use same login for both.

joker00

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2011
This is ridiculous! I use same login for both.

There's got to be a bug. I have the same problem.

I've even tried to do a fresh install. I worked for a while, then couldn't connect to the App Store.

At this point, I gave up.

Chandypants

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Add my name to the list... iPad Pro 9.7 and iPhone 7 Plus, both have the App Store/music/any store issue. Podcasts and watch store, and iMessage store all have the cannot connect message for me. Found a post in the apple forums but their suggestion didn’t help either (Sign out of find my ipad, sign out of App Store, and then sign back in).

Chandypants

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Try toggling Wi-Fi off/on. This is what worked for me.
Yeah, I tried that a bunch of times... no luck... which really stinks cause I ‘Live’ in Apple Music... this may be a deal breaker for the beta if I can’t get it to work. :(

lostpee

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
i suspect it’s something to do with the system date time. i just got a notif saying that i haven’t backed up in 19 weeks, when the lay icloud back up was actually done last night.

Mi1lion

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2017
Twin Peaks, CA
No, that’s a good suggestion, let me try that.

Update: Nope... same problem. Got excited for a sec though... it took a bit longer to fail

Beta 1 drained my iPad mini 2 and it keeps rebooting and gets stuck on the Apple logo every time. I really don't wanna go back! (if I even can)

I'm hoping Beta 2 comes quickly and fixes these issues.

jon8214

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
Belfast, NI
I have tried everything with this but the only way I can get the App Store etc to work is to setup as a new iPad, hopefully they will sort it out for beta 2, until then I'm back on iOS 10

Browno01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I've just done a wipe, and now restoring from backup to see if it works. If it doesn't, then back to iOS 10

kendo88

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
I've just done a wipe, and now restoring from backup to see if it works. If it doesn't, then back to iOS 10

tried this a couple of times now. didn't work for me. only time stores work is if i set up as a new device, as soon as i restore backup it breaks. can't go back to iOS 10 either as my watch is on watchOS 4

Browno01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
tried this a couple of times now. didn't work for me. only time stores work is if i set up as a new device, as soon as i restore backup it breaks. can't go back to iOS 10 either as my watch is on watchOS 4
Luckily didn't update my Watch. Still an hour to go with the backup restore. iOS 10 ipsw downloaded just in case.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

So the only solution is actually to wipe?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Option 2 is wait for the next update. Not being snarky just saying this is big enough that I bet they address it sooner than later. Guessing.

Yea, I agree. Too lazy to wipe and start from scratch. Hopefully beta 2 comes next week. There are some serious bugs with beta 1!

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I got password errors when trying to validate my appstore account, so I went into settings, logged out and signed in again. I did this by clicking on my name/photo right at the top of settings (taking me into the iCloud area) and *not* by scrolling down and using the "iTunes & App Store" option.

I signed out, and then when I signed in again it didn't ask for a password (as I assume it just takes the already authenticated iCloud ID). App Store then worked flawlessly; updates all updated. It took me a few seconds to work out where the "Purchased" section had moved to, so I could download something not already installed as a test. Hint: Click your Apple ID photo top right of the UPDATES screen then click "Purchased".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.