Unable to connect to Exchange 07 Server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dr. shdw, Dec 1, 2008.

1. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

Hi, I have a user that's unable to connect to an Exchange 07 server through Entourage 2008. He used to be able to until last week when an autoconfig dialog box came up and it proceeded to apparently change something vital.

Now even recreating the account, it's unable to connect and nothing shows in the error log/progress bar. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling in addition to deleting the old preferences, but nothing seems to make a difference.

He was/is still running 12.1.4. The account definitely works as OWA and iPhone connections still connect to this particular account. Any insight? Thanks.

Version: 2008
    Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
    Processor: Intel
    Email Client: Exchange

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

What do his server settings look like?

Since you're in an Exchange environment, it seems likely that you've got a support contract with us. In that case, you can always call tech support and ask for some assistance there. Our Entourage techs are immensely clueful people and can walk you through getting everything set-up properly -- plus they're going to get your user back up and running much faster than any other alternative.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. dr. shdw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, it turns out it was a server side issue that's being investigated (different dept runs it). I'm sure/hope they contacted ya'll. Thanks.