Unable to convert WMV to AAC

Discussion in 'iPod' started by myxzyden, Apr 24, 2007.

1. myxzyden macrumors member

Hi all,
    I've recently updated my iTunes to 7.1.1, the latest one. But since then I'm unable to convert my WMV files to AAC. WHen I tried to add the WMV songs to the library... nthing happens. It just couldn't detect the WMV song, and no warning or any error msg, just nothing.....

Anyone experienced thi before?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

WMV is video, AAC is audio so no wonder ;)

assuming you mean WMA, well iTunes for Mac has never been able to do this, you need FFMPEGX or another third party application.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you're on your Macbook (right? You recently posted about a computer with a new 80gb drive), the most popular app is EasyWMA.

http://www.easywma.com/

If you're talking about Windows, then this is weird, and iTunes should be able to do this for you.

4. myxzyden thread starter macrumors member

Haha.... my mistake... i'm refering to wma indeed. I googled for the easywma application, its not a freeware. is there any other good freeware which handles this?

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

If you have access to a Windows machine, iTunes for Windows has built in .wma to .aac or .mp3 support.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think that ffmpegx, mentioned above by Eraserhead, can do this, even though it is primarily intended for video. However, it isn't super easy user-friendly.