Unable to Copy Files to and from Flash Drive on iMac

silentarts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hey folks. Been having an issue with my iMac. I have been unable to copy and paste files to and from my Flash Drive on iMac.

Can anyone please help me?

I can access my Flash Drive, and I am the Admin to the iMac, but I do not understand why I am unable to do this. Even some of the files that I have created like Word/Office Files won't copy.

Can anybody please help me out!

My Flash Drive is a Lexar 32GB Flash Drive.

My other issue is that I have a Kingston 8GB Flash Drive and for nothing it won't show up on my iMac, but it would show up on a PC without any issues and problems.

Please tell me what to do!

Thanks...

silentarts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
I know for a fact that it is in NTFS. If I put it in ExFat won't it be only for the Mac? I want em to work both on Mac and PC!

Dadioh

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
Canada Eh?
I know for a fact that it is in NTFS. If I put it in ExFat won't it be only for the Mac? I want em to work both on Mac and PC!
OS X can only read NTFS drives. It can not write to them. That is your issue. If you want compatibility with OS X and Windows then use FAT32.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
ExFAT works on Windows and Linux as well as OS X

OS X can only read NTFS drives. It can not write to them. That is your issue. If you want compatibility with OS X and Windows then use FAT32.
ExFat also works for Windows. Unless the drive is very small, ExFat is probably the better choice.