Unable to cut and paste text.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lornaevo, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Lornaevo macrumors member

Lornaevo

I have an iPhone 6s+ running the latest software. I am unable to copy and paste text. When I highlight the text and select copy, it looks like it was copied. Then when I go into a different app and try to paste it. Nothing happens.

2. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

I've seen that on my iPad. A seller left an ASIN in an answer without a link to the product, so I was trying to long tap the word to select it, and it wouldn't copy. I thought it was an an Amazon web page issue because I tried several times, but adjusting the end points finally got it copied. The same issue doesn't happen after restarting after downgrading to 9.3, so try a restart first.

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I have that problem with the Facebook app. It worked for awhile and then stopped working for some reason.

Which is fine by me because it gives me a legitimate reason for opting out and not offending my friends who post those posts that go along the lines of "Do not share, cut and paste this to your status for one hour, or I will think you are a heartless witch who doesn't care that about this tragic problem I don't actually have but am advocating for, because I don't want my friends to think I'm a heartless poser like you are for not cutting and pasting this to your status." :confused:

But it is a pain in the butt when I want to cut and paste something into one of my own posts there.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Does it occur only between apps or can you also not copy+paste within the same app?

Is it every time or sometimes?

5. ielessar macrumors regular

Are you using some kind of MDM software or do you have Exchange configured?

MDM can disable copy/paste functions on devices.

6. Ta1ch1 macrumors newbie

Ta1ch1

I'm getting the same problem on my
    iMac 27 - inch Mid 2011
    2.7 GHz Intel Core 5
    12GB 1333Mhz DDR3
    Running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3

It is keyboard ?, is it software ?, is it gremlins ?. I use Mackeeper and keep the Mac scanned and cleaned regularly.
    Do not have any adware problems that I know of.

trying to copy and paste website addresses is a nightmare.

Any assistance welcome please.

7. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

I've had this happen to me before, but it's usually only when I try to copy Unicode symbols or text that's not normally meant to be copied.

8. Keyle macrumors newbie

Keyle

9. Ta1ch1 macrumors newbie

Ta1ch1

Beginning to wonder if its a bug in El Capitan. :(

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

1. You use MacKeeper? Don't do that. You should stop doing that immediately.
    2. The OP is/was about iOS. If you need help with OSX, I would start a different thread in that forum. You wouldn't be hijacking this thread, and you'd probably get faster/better help and advice.
    3. Best of luck; that sounds like a huge headache.

11. vickj4000 macrumors newbie

Specifically what apps are you trying to copy/paste between?