Unable to decline phone calls

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
I am on ios 8.0.2 (iPhone 5s)

I don't get to "Decline" an incoming phone call which was possible in iOS 7.1.2 (Even a predefined message)

Has Apple removed this "feature"

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I am on ios 8.0.2 (iPhone 5s)

I don't get to "Decline" an incoming phone call which was possible in iOS 7.1.2 (Even a predefined message)

Has Apple removed this "feature"
It's the same as it always has been. The option is present when your phone is unlocked, and is not present when the phone is locked.

Someone make sure I didn't get that backwards.

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
It's the same as it always has been. The option is present when your phone is unlocked, and is not present when the phone is locked.

Someone make sure I didn't get that backwards.
Thank you. Never noticed this. :)

glenthompson

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2011
Florida
Hitting the sleep button once will silence the ringer but it keeps ringing for the caller before switching to voicemail. Tapping it twice will immediately send the call to voicemail.

This allows you to stop the ringer but gives you time to see who's calling before answering. It also keeps them from knowing you sent their call to voicemail as opposed to not getting the call.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hitting the sleep button once will silence the ringer but it keeps ringing for the caller before switching to voicemail. Tapping it twice will immediately send the call to voicemail.

This allows you to stop the ringer but gives you time to see who's calling before answering. It also keeps them from knowing you sent their call to voicemail as opposed to not getting the call.
Silencing can also be done using the volume buttons as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.