Unable to delete a broken dublicate song from iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nyght87, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Nyght87 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a song on iTunes on my PC and when I synced my iPhone to put the song on it, not only did it put the song on there but it also put a duplicate of the song on there as well that I cannot delete. The duplicate doesn't play I might add but the other works fine. Here is what it looks like.

You can see the "Holy Diver" on top has that circle to the right of it, that is the one that does not play and the one I am unable to remove. I tried removing all the music from my iPhone by selecting for iTunes on my computer to not sync music but that did not remove it either (side note: when i did this after I synced my music back to my iPhone for some reason it wouldn't sync some of the songs to my iPhone, I guess that might be an unrelated problem but whatever the case I got that fixed.). I searched is anyone else had asked a similar problem but I was unable to find anything to help, sorry if this is a question or problem is asked about often.
    Thank you for the assistance.

2. Nyght87 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Try using the 'Manually manage music and videos' option in iTunes. It should be at the bottom of the 'Summary' tab when your device is connected. This will allow you to remove all of your songs. To get the songs back on your device, just drag them to your iPhone.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1535

I've had an iPhone since the 3G and I've never used the sync option to get my songs on my devices. I've always used the manually manage.

4. Nyght87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I tried removing all the music from my iPhone but that doesn't seem to work. I removed all the music from my iPhone that I could, but the one extra Holy Diver still remains. Another thing that seems odd is that on iTunes it says that there are 6 songs on my iPhone when there aren't any (1 if you include this broken holy diver)

5. Nyght87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just restored my iphone and that got rid of the dup so that works i guess lol