unable to delete a file?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ewsjr, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ewsjr macrumors newbie

I am on an intel iMac running Tiger 10.4 and I have a number of these files "LaunchU3.exe" (Adobe Acrobat opens when I double click on it and I get the message "cannot open because it is either damaged or not a supported file type") that I am sure are from using my 1.0gb cruzer Micro USB flash drive that that will not disappear when I try and empty the trash. I hit apple I to open and get the info, went down and opened ownership and permissions, unlocked the file but it still will not delete in the trash. can anyone explain this and what I need to do to get rid of these files. thanks much.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

some files are read only, not just unlocked or locked. try setting the permissions to read/write.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

That's a windows U3 partition, you can delete them from a mac or a windows machine using an uninstaller from SanDisk

4. ewsjr thread starter macrumors newbie

I just figured out what I was doing wrong. Looking in the wrong place to unlock the file after hitting apple I and finally saw it the locked box and just unchecked the box and that was that. thanks for the help and sorry for the bother.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

never a bother... i learned something new today from your little mistake.