Unable to delete a Mac Inbox Mailbox Account Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Willzsales, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Willzsales macrumors newbie

Before you post, I already searched and hundreds of posts popped up. I could not find any that addressed my issue.

First, this is my first Apple product having been a Windows user for many years.

I bought a new MacBook Pro a month ago.

I added two mailboxes - Gmail and an MCHSI (Mediacom) mailbox. Now I have all my mchsi Emails being redirected to my Gmail Email account.

I cannot delete the mchsi mailbox account. I've already done the delete Mailbox account multiple times. I've deleted all Emails in the mchsi folders. I've searched the Internet.

I cannot locate Mail - Preferences etc.

Help?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Preferences >> Accounts >> Highlight the account you want to delete >> press the little - (minus) button in the bottom left.

3. Willzsales thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much and at the risk of sounding dumb, why does Apple let me Right Click and Delete account? Why under "Mailbox" does Apple have a line that says "Delete Mailbox?"

I've heard plenty of complaints about Windows over the years and how great Apple is. Guess I was wondering why these Forums seem to be full of people with Apple issues.

I've found things pretty slick with my Mac but certainly not up to all the puffing I have heard for the past few years.

4. Willzsales thread starter macrumors newbie

How interesting, the MCHSI mailbox has reappeared on my computer. What a pain.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You have to delete the account, not just the mailbox.