unable to determine current location at this time

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DisplacedMic, Jul 31, 2011.

1. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

Macbook Al 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM
    OSX 10.6.8

Hello,
    All of a suddent my MB refuses to come out of Cupertino time so my computer is telling me it's 3 hours earlier than it actually is here on the East coast. I thought maybe this was an update-related issue as I had been ignoring the 10.6.8 update for a few days - but nope, still having the same problem.

Internet is working fine but when I go into SysPrefs for Date&Time it won't connect. So i googled the problem and was told to delete the timezone plist but i can find no such file in my library preferences.

Rebooting, updating, and turning off firewall on my router isn't helping.

any ideas?
    thanks!

2. DisplacedMic thread starter macrumors 65816

quick update: Windows XP running on VMware is reporting the time just fine on the same machine so it seems to be an OSX-specific issue. this is annoying me to know end but definitely not worth a trip to the "genius bar"

any insight at all would be great:D

3. ArizonaLoco, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012

ArizonaLoco macrumors newbie

ArizonaLoco

This answer summed it up for me. I'm experiencing the same issue with OS X Lion Server but not VMWare.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...lly-using-current-location-is-not-working-why

[​IMG]

4. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

well if it bothers you set time zone manually personally i rather do that way myself i hate a lot of let me do this for you stuff