Unable to downgrade from iOS 11 Public Beta 3 to 10.3.3

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by VinceBarter, Jul 31, 2017.

  1. VinceBarter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2017
    #1
    Has anyone been able to downgrade from iOS 11 Public Beta 3 to 10.3.3 or 10.3.2 on the iPhone 7 GSM? If so could you please share which specific steps should I be doing? Couldn't do Public Beta 3 straight to 10.3.3 with DFU mode.
     
  2. nick19 macrumors member

    nick19

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2014
    Location:
    London, UK
    #2
  3. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

    Donfor39

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2012
    Location:
    Lanarkshire Scotland
    #3
    From what I’ve read don’t bother to downgrade

    Thankfully I waited with bugs etc for pb 3

    I had at least 2 failed downgrade attempts though stopped when the bricking threads started.

    Asked myself if I can make and receive calls and texts and surf then why would I risk a bricked iPhone 6

    Dv4/pb3 are at least running reasonably stable’sh
     
  4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

    Mlrollin91

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Location:
    Ventura County
    #4
    From what you've read don't downgrade? I downgraded from DB 2 to 10.3.3 without an issue.
     
  5. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

    Donfor39

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2012
    Location:
    Lanarkshire Scotland
    #5
    Happy your downgrade was succesful

    I only tried system restore with PWF file didn’t go as far as the later DFU method.
     
  6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

    Mlrollin91

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Location:
    Ventura County
    #6
    Only way to is via DFU/Recovery mode as outlined in the Apple article.
     
  7. Armen macrumors 604

    Armen

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2013
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #7
    I went from PB3 to 10.3.3 to Dev 4 last night. Fun stuff.
     
  8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

    Mlrollin91

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Location:
    Ventura County
    #8
    Wait..why? PB3 is DB4..
     
  9. Armen macrumors 604

    Armen

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2013
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #9
    Release schedule. Yeah I know, 1-2 days difference but whatever :)
     
  10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

    Mlrollin91

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Location:
    Ventura County
    #10
    You could have just changed the profile.
     
  11. Armen macrumors 604

    Armen

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2013
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #11
    now you tell me.
     
  12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

    Mlrollin91

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Location:
    Ventura County
    #12
    You didn't ask!
     
  13. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

    Donfor39

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2012
    Location:
    Lanarkshire Scotland
    #13
    Change profile wish I knew that last week
     

Share This Page