Unable to Download Apps in iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Ecofriend, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Ecofriend macrumors member

Every time I try to download an app, it gets to where is says installing, then starts downloading again, anyone else having this issue. I have an iPod touch 4g

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've run into this, rebooting seems to fix the problem.

3. scicalculator macrumors newbie

I had this issue for the first day after updating to iOS6. One important thing I found is that restarting the phone did not reset the apps. Also, I went to a Softbank (Japan) store on Friday and gigled to myself when I saw an iPad with infinitely updating apps on the homescreen. You are not the only one.

I got incredibly frustrated with it and uninstalled all of the "waiting"/"installing" apps that just sat there unusable. I then waited until Friday. Now, I have no problem updating or downloading the apps that I previously removed. It was a big hassle to take a not of all the apps I had to reinstall, but I did it. Another problem is if you fear loosing data.

I am not sure what the best solution is, but that is what I did. Hope things get better for you.

4. Baytriple macrumors 6502

If it helps. I can't seem to get to my previous purchases through AppStore on phone. Also can't get passbook stuff either. There maybe issues on the AppStore their end.

Try rebooting. Maybe try a different Internet connection.

5. Ecofriend thread starter macrumors member

I rebooted my iPod and reset my clock, I got then to download now, thanks