Unable to download apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hashia, Nov 30, 2013.

1. hashia macrumors member

Apr 15, 2013
    Hi everyone.

I've reset my iPhone 4S (iOS: 7.0.4) and restored a backup. But none of my apps were restored except the default apps.

Now when I go to "App Store" and in "Updates" part, there is a "Purchased" section. In this section I see a list from my previous apps. In front of each app there is an icon like this:

When I choose this icon to install the apps, the icon changes to a circle-like icon which is rotating. But after a while, again the icon changes to the previous one (which you saw in link), and nothing happens and therefore there isn't any installed app.

What can I do?
  2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    Sounds like it's downloading from iCloud and failed.
  3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree with the other guy. Try a hard reset by holding your home and power buttons down together to restart the phone. Then, try going to the app store and attempt downloading again. Try one app at a time, multiple may be too much for your connection.
  4. hashia thread starter macrumors member

Apr 15, 2013
    Ok. I tried the hard reset. But nothing changed.

Two points:

1- Even in App Store, that mentioned icon is in front of apps which I had installed before resetting in restoring the backup.

2- When I'm going to install new apps (which I haven't had before), again the same story happens. The "Free" icon changes into the rotating icon and after a while again the rotating icon changes into "Free" icon.