Unable to download apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hashia, Nov 30, 2013.

1. hashia macrumors member

Hi everyone.

I've reset my iPhone 4S (iOS: 7.0.4) and restored a backup. But none of my apps were restored except the default apps.

Now when I go to "App Store" and in "Updates" part, there is a "Purchased" section. In this section I see a list from my previous apps. In front of each app there is an icon like this:

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-23156220-301874/54-54/HT2519_03-app_store_cloud_app_download_button_002-en.png

When I choose this icon to install the apps, the icon changes to a circle-like icon which is rotating. But after a while, again the icon changes to the previous one (which you saw in link), and nothing happens and therefore there isn't any installed app.

What can I do?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Sounds like it's downloading from iCloud and failed.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I agree with the other guy. Try a hard reset by holding your home and power buttons down together to restart the phone. Then, try going to the app store and attempt downloading again. Try one app at a time, multiple may be too much for your connection.

4. hashia thread starter macrumors member

Ok. I tried the hard reset. But nothing changed.

Two points:

1- Even in App Store, that mentioned icon is in front of apps which I had installed before resetting in restoring the backup.

2- When I'm going to install new apps (which I haven't had before), again the same story happens. The "Free" icon changes into the rotating icon and after a while again the rotating icon changes into "Free" icon.