Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mobiletaurus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hi,

Im unable to download file from company intranet using Mac.
However, I tried with domain-joined Windows box and there were no problem to click and download the attached forms and documents from company intranet.

I also added settings of AD to Mac.
I am wondering if it is because some settings are not complete so it won't work.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Contact IT department for help on your company's network.

OS X can join windows domains with no problems if you set it up correctly.

mobiletaurus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hi,

Im the IT support.
I managed to "bind" and successfully login with domain account.
Howerver, when I clicked on the link in Intranet to download a form, it does download or open the pdf file. It just showed the error in the attachment.
No problem with Windows box to open.
Is it windows server which is storing thes website form needs to give folder permission or rights in MacMachine?

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is it windows server which is storing thes website form needs to give folder permission or rights in MacMachine?

It's not a permission error. The message Safari is displaying should point you to your issue.
The answers are in your thread from October 2012: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1462205/

You can either enter the server's IP address instead of kmsnassvr02, or use the server's full network name. As mentioned in your old thread, if the server's name ends in .local, you are likely to have trouble because it conflicts with Apple's use of .local, and you'll need to use the IP address.
If your server's name is something like kmsnassvr02.example.com, you can enter the "example.com" in "Search Domains" in the Network system preference under DNS.

mobiletaurus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hi,

The forms are stored in the webserver and the link is fixed as this.
All the Windows user can click on the link to download or save the files, only those Mac users were having problems to save these files and were thrown error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.