Unable to download files with Lion.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by windywalks, Jul 3, 2011.

1. windywalks, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

windywalks macrumors 6502

Hey guys!

Just installed the Lion GM over my existing 10.6.8 SL install on my 2009 17" MBP and found a serious system-wide bug.

Every time, when I try to download a file (by clicking a link), for example the flash player dmg from here:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_osx_intel.dmg

Safari just gives me a black screen and doesn't show any downloads in the download manager, as for other browsers such as Camino, Fire Fox and Chrome - they just don't download anything - leave a blank screen.

It's not an isolated problem - sometimes when I try to download a file (any file) it just needs to be right-clicked and "Saved to download" otherwise it doesn't download.
    The same download link works flawlessly on my macbook still running 10.6.7.

Thanks for any ideas.

2. kenneth.psaila macrumors newbie

3. cableshark macrumors newbie

download

You don't see download on Safari when Lion is installed. TOP RIGHT CORNER you will see an icon "arrow downward" click that and you will see all the downloads

4. kenneth.psaila macrumors newbie

Sometime (actually most of the times) that icon doesn't appear. I have to copy and past the download link in another browser or download manager to download the required files

5. Asyd Rayn macrumors newbie

Whew, thought I was th sonly one with this problem. Can't figure it out and like others I use firefox or chrome to download. Oddly Safari downloads extensions.