Unable to download Flash Player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emkelly, Feb 28, 2013.

1. emkelly macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.8

I accidentally deleted my Adobe Flash Player, and I have been unable to re-download it. I am a college student and took my computer to the IT desk on campus, but the were unable to figure it out. I keep getting the page saying "Thank you. Your download will start immediately", but then nothing happens. So far, this has just been annoying, but I now really need it in order to watch some Breeze presentations for one of my classes. I would really appreciate any advice you have. I am not very computer-savvy, but I will do my best to answer any questions that could help you figure out how to help me.

Please, please, please help me!

Thanks for your time

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Unless you went into /Library/Internet Plugins or ran the removal tool provided by Adobe, I doubt you actually deleted Flash Player. Are you using Safari, Firefox, or a different browser to try re-downloading the installer for Flash Player? Look in ~/Downloads for the installer, there may be several disk images within relating to Flash Player, try double-clicking the most recently downloaded one and the install package within to begin installation. Make sure you quit and relaunch your browser after installing even if the installer didn't prompt you to do so initially.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3