Unable to download purchased music!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sambo110, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I pre-ordered two albums, which were released a little over 2 hours ago. I was gaming on my PC, and when I came back to my Macbook, both were purchased and downloaded. But for some reason it downloaded each song twice. I decided to just delete the albums and re-download them while I had a shower, rather than deleting each duplicate song one by one. When I go into purchases, it only shows what is shown in this picture. I am hesitant to click "purchase" on the albums, as I'm worried I'll be charged again. What am I to do in this situation? I cannot get the music I bought, other than the 7 songs shown.

http://imgur.com/wpr15
    [​IMG]

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Just click that cloud icon, that indicates that the purchases are stored in "iTunes in the Cloud" and can be redownloaded.

jW

3. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Except Uno only has 3/12 songs, and Babel only has 4/15. Where are all the other songs? It shows that I bought both full albums in my purchase history, but there it only shows 7/27 songs.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Do you have the "not on this Mac" tab selected? If so, try the "all songs" tab (or whatever it's called, not in front of my computer right now.

There might just be a miscommunication between iTunes and the store as to what's in your library.

5. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

'All' is selected. The songs that show up in the picture have been synced to my iPod. If I go into the album on my iPod, I can click "Show full album", and download the songs one by one in there. That gets them on my iPod, but not on my Mac. Still unsure of how to get them on my Mac. Will iTunes charge me again if I click 'purchase' on the albums?

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Ah, not familiar with those particular albums, so I didn't know.

Just to check, at the top of that window, are you in the "Not on this computer" tab or the "All" tab? Also, go to your account in iTunes and look for the "iTunes in the Cloud" section. There should be a "View Hidden Purchases" link there, and you can see if they show there. It's easy to accidentally put things there by clicking on the x to the right of the download button.

jW

7. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

All is definitely selected. There is no 'View Hidden Purchases" link anywhere, so I assume no tracks are hidden.

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

There's no "View Hidden Purchases" in your account page (click on your AppleID in the top right corner of the store window)? If not, I'm completely baffled, and you probably need to try Apple's iTunes Support (ExpressLane).

jW

9. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Nope, no hidden purchases. I hid some random song, then went into hidden purchases and there was nothing there except that one song.

I guess I'll have to contact them. Is there a number I can call? It seems like I have to email them my problem and then wait up to 48 hours for a reply.

EDIT: Found a number. I'll ring it and see what happens.