Unable to export iphone video to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Phil in ocala, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

I have used three transfer applications and all find the iphone...but they only see still images taken some time ago...Any clear...easy way to get this homemade video out of the phone....its too big to email.
    thanks

2. techwarrior macrumors 65816

techwarrior

iCloud.com if you have your photos sync enabled, and download from there. Or, Photos App on your Mac, and File > Export.

3. Superspeed500 macrumors regular

Superspeed500

What app is the video stored in? Some apps have the ability to transfer files from iPhone to Mac using iTunes. The built-in Photos app on your Mac should be able to transfer any movies and images stored in your camera roll.

Also, do you have the ability to move the video to another app on your iPhone? VLC for example?

4. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

I have no idea how to do this...i checked icloud and under settings it does not appear...
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2018 ---
    ++++
    I agree "i should" but I can't....apple should have made this easy...they did not. the video is stored on the iphone where ever Apple decided to put it.

5. Superspeed500 macrumors regular

Superspeed500

What app do you open to find the video? Do you open the photos app on your iPhone? The TV app?

6. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

I just open the camera app....and its there...because apple hates words there are a bunch of confusing icons...ONLY.

7. Superspeed500 macrumors regular

Superspeed500

Have you tried to:
    1. Open iPhoto or Photos on your Mac.
    2. Choose your device in the left sidebar.
    3. Unlock the iPhone and click on accept this computer if asked.
    4. Select the video in the list of images that appears.
    5. Click import. The video should then be imported to your iPhoto/Photos library on your Mac.

You can also try the following:
    1. Open Image Capture on your Mac.
    2. Choose your device in the left sidebar.
    3. Unlock the iPhone and click on accept this computer if asked.
    4. Select the video in the list of images that appears. Note that the order the images/videos appear in will be different that that of the photos app.
    5. Click import. The video should then be imported to your photo folder on your Mac.

8. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

I have done both...but it only shows still image photos...it does not show video at all....neither Image Capture or iphoto.
    Okay...i found it on iphoto...played it and it is all in slow motion
    This is a video of a colt galloping in a ring
    Finally got it...in capture the first frame does not say .mov so I could not id it as a video...it was tagged like still image. Thanks for all your help...take the rest of the day off with pay.