Unable to find files with Finder

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by rgj, Apr 21, 2012.

1. rgj macrumors newbie

I used JDiskReport to find what's taking so much space on my MacBook Pro, and it lists 86.1GB from my 150GB partition taken by recovered email. When I try to follow the path on the top of the program window to access those files, it doesn't exist as listed (there's no way to get to Users/macbook/library/mail in Finder). How do I delete those files or what can I do to correct the problem?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

While holding down the option key go to the menu bar and select go>library

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your Library folders are hidden by default in Lion. To get to your /Library or /Users/yourusername/Library (also known as the ~/Library) folders in Lion:
    • Launch Finder and click Go > Go to Folder and type: /Library or ~/Library
    • Hold the Option key while clicking the Go menu item, which reveals your ~/Library folder in the menu.
    • Make it permanently visible by entering the following command in Terminal, then press the Enter key:
      chflags nohidden ~/Library​
    • 18 ways to view the ~/Library folder in Lion

4. rgj thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

That was fast, thanks for your help :) I was able to recover those 80+ GB just by deleting the files. But now I'm wondering what caused Mail to create all those files -- it seems that several were a copy of the same file, and they were really huge. I never received such messages. I'll have to keep an eye on the program to see if it's still happening.