Unable to find folder in Application Support

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by liammc, Jan 30, 2015.

1. liammc macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!

First post here *celebrates*

I installed a legit purchase of Rosetta Stone today after spending way too much money on software, however it won't allow me to install the update required for the language packs I bought.

I contacted their support and they told me to find the Rosetta Stone folder in Library to, I found the Library folder, went into Application Support and it's not there? I then set up a root account but that only gives me access to the Application support for that account.

I'd really appreciate any support you can give as Rosetta Stone have hit a dead end.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you go to /Library? or /Users/<Your Account>/Library?

I suspect you need to go to the latter

3. liammc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the speedy reply :)

I opened finder, pressed the option key and selected that library folder. If this is the incorrect one, could you direct me to the right one?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There are two Application Support folders. One in the users space like maflynn mentioned, and the other in the main Library folder that is accessed by all users. I dunno which one they want you to look in, but here is how to access both.

Click the Desktop then the Go menu at the top then Go to Folder... and paste in this line and enter to get to the main one.

Code:
    /Library/Application Support
    Then repeat with this line to get to the users version of the folder. This would be the same as the one you accessed with the option select.

Code:
    ~/Library/Application Support