Unable to fix Code Sign error

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by TexasStation, Sep 7, 2013.

1. TexasStation macrumors newbie

I could really use an assist on this. I was learning IOS development from a textbook. I signed up as a developer (the free one, not the $99 per year) and things were working fine for awhile, then suddenly, when I try to open my Xcode project, I get "The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid, non-expired certificate/private key pair in your keychains"

I don't see any developer certificates in my keychain. I went to Window > Organizer, and hit Refresh, but then I get error "Too few items in teams"
    I don't have a clue what that means.

Supposedly there is an IOS provisioning profiles page or section on the IOS developer's site, but I'll be darned if I can find it.

So I'm basically dead in the water and just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Thanks much!

2. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

Certificates and provisioning profiles are needed for installing apps on a device. As a non-paid developer, you aren't allowed to do that, so you shouldn't need certs or provisioning profiles. (I've been a member of a paid developer program for many years, so I don't remember what Xcode looks like if you're not.)

Is Xcode set to build for "iOS Device", by any chance? If so, switch it back to build for a simulator.

3. TexasStation thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for the reply. I thought I would try a clean uninstall, then reinstall of Xcode, and that seems to have fixed it. I don't see anything different in my list of certificates, though, so it sounds like you are correct that a certificate isn't needed.