Unable to force Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ndwgolf, Oct 18, 2008.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

When I connect my iphone to iTunes it says my sim card is not blablabla, so I remove my sim and turbo sim and connect again, this time I can sync ect ect but when I click restore it says i dont have a internet connection but I do and If i click on apple store it goes straight there.
    So how do I do the restore, I have tried the 30 sec home and start button but all that does is switch the phone off???
    Thanks

2. Bargsbeer macrumors member

Bargsbeer

Have you tried putting the phone into DFU mode?

3. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

4. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

When I tried that I got a picture of some guy with his hands in the air and a logo at his mouth that looked like it was russian, its the same guy that you see when jailbraking the iPhone.

5. Junkboxy macrumors member

That Russian guy logo means your phone is in "Restore" mode. (It would be a different logo if you iPhone was still stock.) When your phone is in "DFU" mode, you see only a blank screen.

I remember I could go in and out of DFU mode with ease. But when curiousity got the best of me and I wanted to see what the "Restore" mode was, I got stuck in it. If you're stuck in "Restore" mode, you may have to Restore via iTunes to bail yourself out. I am not sure if this is the only option, but it is what I did.

6. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

OK so the russian guy is the restore mode but iTunes is saying it cant access the IPOD software.
    I am on an Oil Rig right now, I will try again when I get home on my own computer and see if I have any better luck.
    Thanks