Unable to get my new iPhone 4 to work.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlexDodd93, Sep 7, 2011.

1. AlexDodd93 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I apologise if this question has previously been answered, i have searched the forums and haven't come up with anything which answers my problem as of yet.

I just got handed an iPhone 4 that was jailbroken. As soon as I got it i did what I do with any apple product i get and I restored it in itunes, I also did the whole "itunes on, plug iphone 4 in, press home and power at the same time, keep hold of home" kind of reset.

But I now get this message: The SIM card in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

I can't access my new iPhone at all, because when I turn it on the only screens I can see are the "connect to itunes" page (with the slider) and then the "emergency call" page.

Please if anyone can help me to get this fixed I will be very grateful.

Any useful information which I have not included please let me know and I will reply with the info.

Thank you,

Alex

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Try reseating the sim in the slot. Otherwise, replace your SIM entirely.

3. AlexDodd93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried the reseating it, still the same problem. And unfortunately this is my second sim card, which I was assured was for the iPhone 4.

4. AlexDodd93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think you'll be able to use that for an iPhone 4? It only says the compatibility is 3G and 3GS. I don't want to just start throwing my money around on things that might not work unless you know this to work?

5. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Is it locked to a network different than your sim?

6. AlexDodd93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I really am not sure, I can't get in touch with who I got the phone from. All that I know is that when I first got it I could turn it on and scroll through the phone, I saw Cyndia and a load of jailbroken apps, then after I connected it to my mac restored it I am not able to get past the"connect to iTunes" or "emergency calls" screens.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Try This

Remove the sim, and try another hard reset ( home and power buttons together) then replace the sim, and try again. If that fails to work, it could be you have a corrupt restore installed.

8. AlexDodd93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried this, still no luck. Is there a fix for a corrupt restore?