Unable to get weather of specific location using the Weather app on iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Feb 21, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, I was checking the weather at various stations while I was riding the train. Although map updated the location accordingly, I noticed that the Weather app did not update the weather information according to my location. How come? Is there a way to do it?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Maybe because while you were on the train the iPhone my not get a GPS Signal?

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Check your Location Services setting for Weather: Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather. Maybe you're not allowing location access.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

But as I mentioned, my location in the Map app which used GPS was updated.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2016 ---
    It has been set to allow location access.

Yesterday, I tested again. the location in Weather was updated accordingly almost all the time.
    At one location, it gave me a set of two floating point numbers (e.g. 20.548743, 123.45678) as the location. So, what is going on?

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Those numbers would be location coordinates (GPS, or conventional map) - latitude and longitude. Paste those into the Search of a mapping program (or even a regular Google search) and see what happens.

If there is not a location name associated with a particular set of GPS coordinates, something like the Weather app may give you the GPS, rather than the location name. That particular location is in the midst of the Philippine Sea, southeast of Taiwan. Is that the actual address you received?