Unable To Initiate A Return.????

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Stageshoot, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Stageshoot macrumors regular

Stageshoot

Ok, got a bit of an odd one here, not sure if anyone has been in a similar situation or can advise on a way to escalate.

Ordered BTO 27" iMac on 26th Sept. (UK)

Was delivered by UPS on the 7th Oct.

Have a problem with the screen (Large Shadow area bottom rightof screen)

So yesterday evening went to arrange a return with Apple by phone.

They refused to action a return, saying the iMac had already been returned to them??

I checked UPS Shipping Tracking and it shows.

7 Oct : 10:02 A Delivery Change for this package will be processed/ Return To Sender Pending

7 OCT : 10:04 Delivered

Delivery Address is mine : Signed for name is mine

Login into Apple Account and it shows.

7 OCT : 03:00 Out For Delivery
    7 OCT : 10:02 Returned to Apple

No something has got itsself in a knot somewhere,

I have been charged, Funds have been taken form Credit card, but the Front Line support staff just wont accept I have the iMac and its faulty nad needs returning, "System says its been returned" and they are sticking with that

So at the moment I have a faulty iMac and no way of sorting it,

So my question is can I just take this into a Apple Storewith my paperwork and ask them to sort it or do I need to keep battling on the phone and try and get it escalated?

Cheers

2. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

If their line is "it's been returned", then ask when you'll get your refund. Get a refund, either keep the "free" iMac, or order a replacement and sell the "free" iMac. Can't say you haven't tried.

3. jqworle macrumors newbie

Get it to a store there's no argument then about it.

4. Stageshoot thread starter macrumors regular

Stageshoot

Cheers I was not sure if a store would deal with an online Purchase, I will take it to Birmingham Store on Saturday I have to go to the city then

As for keeping it and pushing for a refund, Would be lovely but I would not have the cheek to try it, I am sure I would get caught out and end up being locked up for fraud!!

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Aren't Apple saying they've had it returned? If so, I don't think it's down to "cheek".

6. II BISTRO II macrumors member

if apple claims it was returned then ask them for a refund. they have so much money i doubt one imac would hurt them lol

ENJOY YOUR FREE IMAC;)

7. MikeChicago macrumors member

I agree with taking it to the store. Ask them about the return and when they say they see it already being returned show them the machine and say "well, then... Huston, we have a problem" LOL

8. buster84 macrumors 6502

I agree that it would be fruad, but its also fraud for apple to refuse a refund to you when you are trying to return something they said is already returned. You also loosing your warranty on the unit. So in this scenario it wouldn't actually be fruad from apple on you since your loosing your return window and warranty. If apple refunds you its their mistake, you can always say that you walked in and dropped it off on the counter at the apple store and say that you got your refund so you don't want it anymore and left.

If you can't get a refund by actually returning it, how else do you plan to get it. Its apples fault lol. So get your refund any way you can.

9. jg321 macrumors 6502

This. Of course, what you do after this is up to you, but if they insist you don't have it then what can you do, except ask for your money back?!