unable to install quicksilver after sl upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maclearning, Oct 7, 2009.

1. maclearning macrumors member

Snow Leopard has been giving me numerous little problems of late. The latest problem I've encountered is trying to install Quicksilver. When I go to add plugins the program shuts down (message reads application has shut down unexpectedly). When I click relaunch, I see the QS as if its launching... then nothing happens. Unable to launch the program. I hit control spacebar, and it doesn't launch.

Any suggestions? I've got to tell you this is REALLY bugging me. There was absolutely nothing wrong with this brand new iMac until I upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Please help. Thanks in advance for any help you might have.

2. devburke Guest

The latest version of QS does work on Snow Leopard, but apparently incompatible plugins have been causing it to crash on launch. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver and trash the PlugIns folder. QS should work now, but you will have no plugins. You can start adding them back one at a time, and when it starts crashing, you’ll know you’ve found one of the incompatible plugins, and you can trash it.

3. maclearning thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for input.

I went through all the plugins, found that "Services Menu Module" was the culprit. All other plugins setup, after about 7-8 tries.

Thanks again.