Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
I followed this guide http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=18932 and I am still unable to jailbreak it .. it still has me at the activate with a sim card screen.. PLEASE HELP! My base band was 06.15.00 (ipad baseband) if I were to just jailbreak it the usual way, will my baseband change?

Your baseband can't possibly be updated as you are on the iPad one. I would suggest freshly restoring to 5.0.1 with a custom IPSW and then jailbreaking with the latest redsn0w 0.9.10b1. It's untethered. It sounds like you just finished with a restore... is that correct? If so, go ahead and restore. Jailbreak and you shouldn't have the activation to worry about.

Tsangdeezy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
Your baseband can't possibly be updated as you are on the iPad one. I would suggest freshly restoring to 5.0.1 with a custom IPSW and then jailbreaking with the latest redsn0w 0.9.10b1. It's untethered. It sounds like you just finished with a restore... is that correct? If so, go ahead and restore. Jailbreak and you shouldn't have the activation to worry about.

yeah i just restored it.. its still in the default screen. I updated it with custom ipsw and here i am. Should i just jailbreak with redsnow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.