iPhone Unable to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eckscaliber, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I'm trying to Jailbreak an iPhone 3GS, but I'm not having any success. I've tried Redsn0w & p0sisxpwn. They both keep giving me error messages. I'm only jailbreaking it because there is no SIM card, and I don't know of any real way to use the phone as an iPod, without having a SIM.

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

what do you mean you dont know a way to use the phone as an ipod ? any iphone can double as an ipod even without a simcard

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What ios version?
    You might need to find a sim in order to activate it.
    Latest ios versions couldn't be hactivated.

4. evangw macrumors regular

Yeah, but you can use any SIM to activate it from the original carrier that it was locked to (assuming it's not an unlocked phone; if it is, even easier and literally any SIM will work).

It might even be on a baseband that can be unlocked, although IIRC you'll need a carrier-specific SIM card before doing that if the phone can't be hactivated. I remember on the 3GS you could even 'downgrade' to the iPad's contemporary modem firmware (06.11.00 or something like that) that did allow unlocking hacks, although I think there was then some problem with the GPS not functioning properly.