Unable to Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sparrynite, Apr 22, 2010.

1. sparrynite macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an iPhone 3G, which originally was running a redsn0w jailbreaked 3.0. Recently, I've decided to update to 3.1.2, and through google, found a guide that told me to download a custom firmware and update that. Initially, I accidentally used the "update" function, but canceled that and started to restore it to 3.1.2 (not sure if it matters, but thought I should mention it).

The guide said that my phone should be jailbroke after that, but when I turned it on, it was no longer jailbroken, and because my carrier is T-Mobile, it wouldn't even let me in.

I had no idea why this didn't work, and resorted back to google to find an alternate solution. I downloaded an original 3.1.2 firmware and redsn0w 0.9.2, and proceeded to use that. Everything proceeded smoothly until my phone displayed the downloading ramdisk picture, in which it suddenly shut off. I have no idea why it did this, and I cannot find any other method for which to try again with. Please help, because right now I don't even have a usuable phone!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hope you didnt start the update process to 3.1.3 and updated your baseband cause you wont be able to unlock for tmobile.
    Download the official 3.1.2 for the iphone 3G from here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750
    And then restore to it thru itunes.
    And then JB using redsnow:http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7443
    Then go to settings/general/about and check to see what modem firmware is listed.
    If its 05.12.01 your sol
    If its 5.11.07 you can unlock using blacksnow.

3. sparrynite thread starter macrumors newbie

How should I restore it from iTunes?

If I have my SIM card in the phone, it gives me a SIM Card not supported message, and won't let me restore.

If the SIM card isn't in the phone, there's a No SIM Card installed in iPhone message, and still won't let me restore.