unable to load mac os x after deleting bootcamp partition

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by h3kt0p, Jan 20, 2011.

1. h3kt0p macrumors newbie

h3kt0p

after deleting my bootcamp partition i had to press the option key to select my Machintosh HD everytime i turn my mac on, so i inserted the mac os x installation DVD but the disk only spins for 20 sec and it stops and does nothing... and the only thing you can see is the apple in the middle, so i tried using a bootable flash with the mac os x intallation dvd and the samething happens... any ideas? THANKS

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Are you able to boot using the option key?
    If so, have you tried setting the startup disk in System Utilities?

And did you use BootCamp Assistant to delete your partition, or did you use Disk Utility?

3. h3kt0p thread starter macrumors newbie

h3kt0p

i havent used the startup disk i will do that!! and i used the disk utility to remove partition... was that bad?? thanks for the info

4. simsaladimbamba

What MacDawg meant with "Startup Disk" was System Preferences > Startup Disk not the grey restore DVDs that come with your Mac.

And yes, using Disk Utility might not be the best way to delete a Boot Camp partition, that is what Boot Camp Assistant is for.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

^^
    My bad... yes, System Preferences
    That's what I get for trying to post while focusing on my project at work

6. h3kt0p thread starter macrumors newbie

h3kt0p

hey thanks for the info that was very helpful, and i was told by other people to take it to the apple store to get it fixed... pfff i knew it wasnt that big of a problem, thanks again!