Unable to load one specific website

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mondaybasil, Jul 30, 2012.

1. mondaybasil macrumors newbie

Hey guys, sorry to litter the forum with a technical support question. Just looking for some quick help.

My iMac won't connect to my work vpn. I type in the address vpn.****.edu and safari just sits there and doesn't even move from the previous page that was open. This problem has been present for at least 3-4 months and tonight I've gotten sick of dealing with it.

I connect to my router via wifi. Other websites work great.

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot so far:
    - load the website from other devices on the same wifi network (iPad, iPhone, PC laptop)--works just fine!
    - load it other browsers on my computer (firefox, chrome)--doesn't work
    - in terminal, traceroute vpn.****.edu. the output alternates between "No route to host" and "Host is down"

So either the problem is with my computer, or that somehow the router is blocking this website from my computer. I have a motorola router connected to an AT&T DSL connection, if it matters. Not exactly sure what to do next to work this problem up.

Any thoughts?

2. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

It's a bit of a guess, but you could try going into System Preferences and then Network > Wifi > Advanced > Hardware. Change it to Manual. Then MTU > Custom and set a value of 1444.

Give that a go.