Unable to make in-app purchases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quaffa, May 12, 2014.

1. quaffa macrumors member

Hi.

I have an iPhone 4, and I've never made an in-app purchase before, but I tried to make one recently and it wouldn't work. All I seem to get from the app whenever I try is an error message that says 'ERROR The transaction failed'.

I contacted support for the app in question, which is called TidePoint, and they replied "The error you are seeing is issued back to our App from Apple indicating a failure to purchase the in-app. We only display this error if the transaction fails due to a reason other than being cancelled by the user."

They went on to suggest that there might be a problem with my Apple account or the card associated with it.

I have checked my Apple account, and the card details are all correct and up to date, so that doesn't seem to be where the problem lies. And i checked the general settings on my iPhone to make sure there wasn't a restriction in place on it, and I found that restrictions were turned off completely.

And Apple Support communities are now currently down, so I can't ask there.

Has anyone any suggestion as to what may be happening please?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Is in-app purchase blocked in your Restrictions?

3. quaffa thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for trying to help.

See the end of paragraph 4 in my original post.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've never had this issue, but if I did, these are things that I would do. Sign out from the store, then do a hard reset, then sign back in. If that doesn't work, I'd buy something free from the store, just to see if my account has issues. If none of this work, then I'd probably just wait it out and hope it's just a temporary thing.