Unable to mount harddisk and unable to repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WTFoX, May 12, 2014.

1. WTFoX, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014

WTFoX macrumors newbie

Hi,

Yesterday suddenly my MBP (mid 2010) freezes. I've decided to reboot and from that point on my MBP switches off shortly after boot (apple logo and progress circle). I've entered disk utility and there i discovered the mac hd is unmounted and not able to mount. Tried a few actions, but so far no succes. Still not able to mount and boot from it. Repair showed a minor volume repair, but is not succesfull to repair :mad:

Attached a screenshot wit the results of repair.
    I am afraid my disk is broken and need replacement. Hopefully i can retrieve data from it in a later stage.

Any tips/tricks and experience with this problem?

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You could try something like Disk Warrior ($$) to repair the disk. That works for some where Disk Util does not.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Here is an opportunity to put in a faster SSD and then do a restore from you last Time Machine backup.

4. WTFoX thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool! Even when the drive cannot be mounted?

----------

I agree with that one. I will replace the disk for an SSD. Unfortunately there is data on the disk which is not included in my Time Machine Backup ... :mad: so retrieving data would be great.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

From your screenshot there it looks like DU sees the disk even though it is not mounted, so yes... maybe Disk Warrior would work.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I love Disk Warrior. I fixed a lot of drives that I had to ended up corrupting for some reason namely my Drobo.