Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrashCanDan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Ok so other day I noticed that in FCP 4.5 I am unable to choose my fonts. I click on the font tab and it wont open, the bar will respond to me clicking by turning a lighter color but thats it. So I deleted my preferences and its still doing the same thing. And now the same exact thing is happening in Photoshop CS.

Has anybody came across this before?

Is there any suggestions before I reinstall my Apps. and fonts?

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Repair permissions.

Check ownership and R/W permission of your HD, the Apps folder and the fonts folder (found in both libraries).

Just a shot in the dark.

What happens when you run FontBook?

TrashCanDan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
no luck...

Repaired permissions, checked my ownership permissions on everything you said, font book opens up and works with no problems, everything checks out fine, but the problem is still there. I even deleted and reinstalled FCP. Im totally at a loss of what to do now, besides a clean install. This problem is so odd... :(

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
I use FCP and I have never seen this problem. Are all of your programs expierenceing this problem? What version of FCP? Does it happen with LiveType?

TrashCanDan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
The problem does not appear in Live Type. I have tested all my apps. and the problem only exists in FCP 4.5 and Photoshop CS.

I even tried opening FCP & photoshop in another user account with no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.