Unable to open Split zip file on G5 Desktop with Stuff it

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikeromeo18, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mikeromeo18 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I'm new to the board and I'm stuck on unzipping a file. Heres what happened.
    My mac is not on the internet so I downloaded a very large file from the internet on my pc laptop and Winzipped the one large file into split files .z01 .02 and a 3rd actual zip file. I then burnt each one separately to cds which I then got them on my mac. I then tried unzipping them with the basic unzip program on my mac, which just created a .cpgz file over and over. then I tried Stuff it expander, which didn't even recognize the compressed archive. Oh and by the way the file that I'm trying to get at is for mac NOT pc. Thanks all :D

2. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

HOW TO UNPACK SOFTWARE - GENERAL GUIDELINES:

Usually the files with extensions like .001, 002, etc. are to be joined with either Split&Concat or with AJoiner.

The other files, most of them .zip and .rar, can be joined with BetterZip, Springy, StuffIt12.1, The Unarchiver, RarExpander, or yet other similar programs.

Sometimes, for some reason, when one software fails to unpack / join things (it happens to all of us) you should simply try another unrar or unzip software. They usually work where the other one has failed!

Disk Images (.dmg) will usually open by themselves with the default MAC OSX mounter.

3. mikeromeo18 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried using concat but it just makes a zip file out of the .01 and .02 and when I try to open that zip it just creates a .cpgz file. Does anyone know how I can get a large .dmg file from my pc to my mac without using internet?

thanks