Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knarzie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I seem to be unable to pair my 3G iPhone with my unibody macbook.

on my phone, bluetooth is shown as 'on' but it is continually 'searching'

on my mac, it says 'the device does not have the necessary services'

any ideas?

bluetooth sharing is enabled in system preferences.

MacVixen

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
In the same boat. cannot get the two devices to pair up - well I'll take that back. I could not get the iPhone to detect my MBP. But I could get the computer to connect to my iPhone, gave me the pin # to enter on my iPhone... then nothing happens. the computer shows up as a device under my bluetooth settings, but just continuously shows as not connected.

When I try to use my computer to find the phone I get a message that the bluetooth network could not be found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

saminsocks

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
I'm assuming you updated to 3.0 software first? I was able to connect to my MBP last night with little problem. I don't usually have Bluetooth on on my MBP so I turned it off on my phone, turned it on on the MBP then turned it back on on the phone. I had to make it manually search for the devices, but it found it without a problem.

rafael mati

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2008
Bluetooth problems

Im experiencing the same problem. In the bluetooth setting, it is taking forever for my iphone with its new OS3 to find other bluetooth device. I was able to pair my iphone with my macbook unibody but that's it. I cant even use it because it cannot connect even if i was able to pair it. What seems to be the problem?
Is there any link to the new bluetooth update released by mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.