Unable to pair Watch with iOS 9?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DeApp1e, Jun 23, 2015.

1. DeApp1e macrumors 6502

DeApp1e

Hello,

Is anyone else having issues pairing an Apple Watch with an iPhone running iOS9 Beta 2?

I upgraded my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 (Beta 2) and now i'm unable to pair my Watch (Sport). I've tried restoring a backup of the Watch (while pairing) and setting it up as new, but it doesn't get past the wrist selection step (left or right wrist).

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Sounds like a question for Apple Dev Relations or Dev Forums. As an Apple Dev, I'm sure you must already know this. :)

3. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

4. DeApp1e thread starter macrumors 6502

DeApp1e

Yeah, i've asked them, awaiting response. Just wondering if anyone here has the same issue :)

5. DeApp1e thread starter macrumors 6502

DeApp1e

Don't you need to pair the watch first, before upgrading to watchOS 2?

6. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

I'm on IOS 9 beta 2 and managed to pair my watch which is on watchOS beta 1 quite happily. Anyway watchOS beta 2 isn't even available at the moment.

7. DeApp1e thread starter macrumors 6502

DeApp1e

Really? Erm, how did you manage that? ;)

When i upgraded to iOS 9 Beta 2 my Watch data was already saved (from iOS 8) although the Watch said it couldn't find the phone. I reset the Watch and the Watch app data on the iPhone 6 and now it won't pair again... It's really strange.

It gets to the wrist selection then disconnects... Can't get any further than that :/

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Mine is paring fine without wOS 2.0.

9. myname70 macrumors 6502a

i just installed iOS 9.0 b2 on iPhone 6 plus and kept watch 1.0.1. The watch did not pair automatically, but I could managed to pair it manually. 2 times the manual way failed, but on the third - it paired :)

10. eiprol macrumors regular

eiprol

Same here.

I had my watch unpaired because I had gone back to 8.3 in my iPhone, and yesterday, when I just updated to iOS9 b2, did a reset to my watch to start a fresh new pair. However, I can't do it. It tries to pair but it ends up failing. And now I have the watch stuck in "touch to start pairing" selection menu, and the watch App too.

11. fatherfork macrumors newbie

fatherfork

Can't get mine to connect either. Bluetooth settings show it going back and forth between connected and not connected. No amount of restarting or soft resetting either device helps. I was going to try hard resetting the watch but it sounds like I might as well just wait.

12. DeApp1e thread starter macrumors 6502

DeApp1e

In the Apple Dev forums, many other people are experiencing this problem. Hopefully Apple patches up the problem soon :)

13. Sergio127 macrumors newbie

Sergio127

Same problem here, i have both iOS 9 Beta 2 and wOS Beta 2.

14. Sergio127 macrumors newbie

Sergio127

Update: i have succesfully paired them by resetting all settings on my iPhone ;)

15. wjnieuw macrumors newbie

Same problem here. I did revert back to 8.4 and unpaired the watch. Then I updated the Beta 2 and the pairing works perfectly.

When I first updated from 8.4 to Beta 2 and didn't unpair it was not working, I tried at least 10 times (manually and automatic) but after approx 1 minute the watch returns to the language selection screen.

16. myname70 macrumors 6502a

I have paired with iOS 9 b2 and apple watch os 1.0.1 this morning with NO issues. The afternoon I installed os 2 b2 -- and again it is paired immediately.. The connection between phone and AW is steady