Unable to pair.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ke1ington, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Ke1ington, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015

Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

image.jpg

So out of nowhere my watch stopped taking dictation. I still had the ability to send voice messages so I know the microphone was working. I read another thread that said impairing and pairing back up would solve the issue so I unpaired.

Now here I am an hour later still trying to get it to pair to my phone. I'm continually receiving messages that the iCloud server can't be reached and that my iCloud password is incorrect and that I can reset it if I choose. When I hit the reset password button the prompt goes away but nothing happens. There's also a whited out strange keyboard in the background now and then.

I'm beyond frustrated and will not have a chance to make it to the Apple Store for some time since I have family coming in for the holiday.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Has anybody experienced anything like this?

2. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

If you don't get a response from someone shortly that works, I'd call Apple Support if you're still covered. Someone in tech should be able to help you and that way they are also aware of the problem.

3. papbot macrumors 6502

There have been multiple iCloud issues today including Messages. We had the same problem with the dictation on our Apple watches. That function is based on Siri so the system problem affects that as well. The can't connect to iCloud or server message is a result of these issues. Do NOT change your password. I would wait until later tonight or tomorrow and try to pair them again. You may have to do a reset all content and settings on the watch though.