Unable to play audio CD

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Intet, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Intet macrumors newbie

Hello dear MacRumors community
    I recently bought a Buffalo brxl-pc6u2 external Blu ray drive, of which the manufacturer states it works natively with OSX.
    Unfortunately, every time I put in a audio CD it starts working like crazy making loud noises and doing nothing (so it seems).
    Even after it stops after a few minutes, every music I try to play stays very choppy and the drive makes loud reading noises every now and then(with Itunes). I can't even play my audio cd with VLC or Swinsian at all.
    I already turned off the auto play and auto rip feature.

Strangely no such thing happens with DVDs or Blu Rays. The drive stays quiet and does anything like it's supposed to.
    Also, I have no such problems when I try to play my audio CD using Parallels Desktop. The drive stays (relatively) quiet playing without interruption.

Am I doing something wrong? Do you have any suggestions, how I can listen to my audio CDs without interruption or using paralells? Why does my drive behave like that?

I couldn't find any solution with Google. I am happy for any provided link.

I hope this is the right forums section, please inform me if not.

Thanks for help

2. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

I'm not sure about the device noise issue but just import your CD music into iTunes and listen to the music there or then move them to another player or separate device, making sure the audio format is compatible with the other player or device.