Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kritzmire

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2014
Nintendo games (Miitomo, Mario Run) crash upon opening if your iPhone is Jailbroken.
When your phone is jailbroken this is easy to get around, however I decided to remove my jailbreak and update to iOS 10.
Despite restoring and backing up my Nintendo apps now crash when opening as if they think the phone is still Jailbroken.
Nintendo apps are the only apps that give me this issue, so unless they flagged my UDID or something, I'm not sure if there's a fix for this.
Not sure why restoring from factory settings won't fix the issue.

GrievingFob606

Suspended
Nov 15, 2016
Nintendo games (Miitomo, Mario Run) crash upon opening if your iPhone is Jailbroken.
When your phone is jailbroken this is easy to get around, however I decided to remove my jailbreak and update to iOS 10.
Despite restoring and backing up my Nintendo apps now crash when opening as if they think the phone is still Jailbroken.
Nintendo apps are the only apps that give me this issue, so unless they flagged my UDID or something, I'm not sure if there's a fix for this.
Use iTunes to back up before doing the restoration.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016

Jailbreaking probably leaves trails in your phone. Unless we get the source code of the Nintendo games, we'll never know how they detect jailbroken devices.

chatbr

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2015
I heard some people saying they have the same issue when playing Pokemon Go.
I havent jailbroken in a while, so I can't help you there. But indeed your Nintendo account must have been linked with your iPhone while jailbroken and now it doesnt match what they are launched. You could try restoring and not using your backup to see if works, altho I am sure thats not the solution you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.